Fieldworker – Volunteer Placement
We at Emergency Exit Arts (EEA) are looking to recruit some volunteers to help and learn about our outdoor productions.
Our organisation needs friendly, reliable volunteers to help us discover what the public think of our work, as well as process this information.
This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience of all areas of EEA’s work, learn audience research skills which would benefit any arts organisation and become part of our dynamic events team.
EEA is a fast moving organisation. This would be a 6 month placement, coming into the office in Greenwich once a month as well as attending some of our various events and performances across London and England.
EEA will pay travel expenses and subsistence of up to a maximum of £20 a day.
Skills and experience required:
- Good communicators - happy approaching and talking to people and are aware of the rest of the event. Audiences will associate you with the event so you need to know what is going on and be able to represent our organisation.
- Organised – punctual, take the methodology seriously, are well prepared and aware of what equipment is required.
- Reliable and accurate – able to follow directions, pay attention to detail, store data sensibly and appropriately and take pride in doing a job well.
- Sensitive –aware of data protection and access issues and have an understanding of the participant’s perspective.
- Personable - friendly and smiling, you should be able to relate to our audiences and participants.
- Flexible – able and willing to work irregular hours, such as evenings and weekends.
- Committed – coming into office in Greenwich at least once a month, as well as committing to attending several events per month for 6 – 9 months.
The role will involve:
- Full training in EEA audience research techniques and data protections will be provided.
- Attending our events in London and nationally, such as carnivals, outdoor arts installations, street arts performances and many more.
- Interviewing audience members and interactive performance participants
- Learn transferable skills in interviewing techniques, data processing and audience research
- Work closely with both our Operations and Production teams
Email email@example.com to receive further information and an application form.