Creating Routes 2015
You guys have fully turned me into a professional facilitator…with confidence!Creating Routes Trainee
Creating Routes Trainees get the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to get employment in Participatory Arts through:
- monthly group meetings and check-ins with mentors
- practical workshops with professionals, peers and Goldsmiths' MA students
- work in community settings with experienced facilitators and other trainees (there will be some paid opportunities)
- individual reflection through journals
SEPTEMBER 2015 – JUNE 2016
Creating Routes is a flexible programme. Most activities – particularly work placements – can be arranged at a time to suit you. However, there are some fixed dates:
- CR Group Sessions: Last Tuesday of the month, 6 – 8.30pm (starting 29 September)
- Practical workshops at Goldsmiths: Mondays 12 Oct, 9 Nov – 7 Dec, 2.30-6pm
- MA Classes at Goldsmiths: Tuesdays 10 Nov – 8 Dec, 10-5pm:
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Creating Routes is open to theatre-makers aged between 18 and 25 years old. The programme is designed to diversify the field of participatory arts, so we are seeking applicants from cultural groups who are currently under-represented in the field – e.g. Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic artists, those with disabilities and/or those who may not be able to access the traditional academic routes.
- Committed to a career in participatory arts facilitation
- Skilled and experienced in performance/theatre-making (in any role; as a writer, performer, director etc.)
- Passionate about using theatre and other art forms with young people and/or adults in community settings
- Willing to work and learn collaboratively (with peers and professionals)
- Ability to work well in teams and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to high professional standards, i.e. punctual, organised and self-motivated.
- Some experience of working in participatory arts
- Knowledge of other art forms or experience of working cross art-form
HOW TO APPLY AND QUESTIONS
To apply please complete the application form and email or post it to Gail Babb by: Monday 21 September 2015.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a recruitment workshop and interview on: Saturday 26 September 2015
If you have any questions about the programme or application process, please get in touch: [email protected] or 020 7251 6644